Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Peter, Do You Love ME?

Jesus kept asking Peter that question over and over. And I believe He asks us, (me) that same question, over and over. And as He did with Peter, He so often follows up with a command. For Peter is was, "feed my sheep". But how many times for us is it, "then give me this," or "trust me here?"
Yesterday in my devotion time a read a passage that I have read over and over, and heard many, many times. Matthew 10:37 "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." Instantly I thought; "hey we're supposed to love our family, especially our parents/children. And then it hit me. If we can't love the dearest people to our hearts, more than we love Jesus, then why do we love useless objects like our computers, iPods, and music more than Him? That my friends scared me!

1 comment: