Friday, February 4, 2011

"Cherished" Thoughts

I'm sitting here drinking hot chocolate and holding Cherish. (Yes a very "cozy" think to do after working all day. :)) And I am fascinated, watching her  be so intrigued with me drinking from my cup, or how bright my iPod is, or her toys in her hand, and even the painting on the wall, and I began thinking (yes even though I don't appear to be much of a thinker, I do succeed every once in a good while) about all the things out there to catch my attention. The good and the bad. Proverbs talks about Wisdom crying out in the streets, but the Bible also talks about the roaring lion out there prowling around seeking whom he may devour, and I can't help but wonder, how often do I go through my daily, life routines and never give a second thought to paying attention to the many objects trying so hard to grab my utmost attention to either aid and assist me in this Spiritual journey, or to distract me from preparing for my life's mission?
As I finish this, Cherish is in my arms sound asleep...no worries, no cares. Just complete rest, and I totally believe that's where GOD wants me....totally 100% resting in him.

2 comments: