Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Choose Praise find Freedom


"Choose praise, find freedom in Christ." That was the LBS theme this year and it really spoke to my heart.

This past week I heard so many stories of redemption, restoration and the romancing of Jesus. I heard about hard times, pain filled times and heartache. I also heard about forgiveness, healing and new life.

"Life is just hard, so get used to it." is something I heard so often growing up. But its so depressing and void of joy.

Joy? Yes joy. Joy in the sorrow, joy in the pain, joy in rejection, and even joy in the failure. It's there I promise.

I have watched people fall apart when things get tough. I have seen them turn against family, friends, church and even God himself. I see them not so much hurting others as they are themselves.

"Well how else am I supposed to cope when others hurt me?" is probably runnig through your mind. Well here is my theory;

God created each of us for a specific purpose. We each have specific asignments to do. And to do them well, we need to go through some rough waters. We have to learn lessons or deal with issues. Remember, we must go through "boot camp" to be able to accomplish the mission when it comes.

I often think about the fact that without pain there is no growth. Just a stunted midget that cant quite reach the place God has for them.

So instead of sitting around moping and feeling sorry for the hard things in life, let us like Paul & Silas praise God in our circumstances and I can guarantee you the freedom will come, and with that freedom comes the ability to be used by God.

Isn't that just awesome? I love that concept. And trust me, I have wasted too many years doing the very opposite. I've done the whole "poor me" ritual. But I have also seen what happens when I praise God for the tough things.

So praise Him in the pain, the hurt, the failures.....and freedom will come.

Pain is a good thing!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so true!! I've found that if circumstances rob my joy that means that I have my trust in the wrong place, because true joy is found in God alone, and He never changes! Thanks for sharing this...

    ReplyDelete