Tuesday, October 25, 2011

There is Freedom

This morning my heart is fighting. It is gasping for air and calling out to GOD for strength, power and freedom. I want to be honest with all of my blog readers. My biggest fear in blogging is that I become a hypocrite. And that is something I absolutely do not want to happen. So I will start by saying that more often then not what I blog about has to do with something I am seeing and realizing I need in my own life. It is something I lack or am needing changed in my heart. And it does not always become a reality. Sometimes I give up. Sometimes some other monster comes up and takes me down. Sometimes I am just so weak that I can not seem to overcome or rise above what ever battle I face and many times I forget to seek the help that I need in Christ.
So all that to say I fight daily for GOD to break me and to show me exactly who I am in comparison to Him and His holiness. I fight for freedom from things in my life that hold me captive. I struggle with the world [1 John 10:16.]  and every day it tries to entrap me and sometimes it does. But I will say that my GOD is bigger and I am going to fight for my life. I am going to gain the ground GOD longs for me to gain because He is my Savior. Today I was again reminded that salvation is not just a one time thing. In fact it is a daily surrendering of ones self to the Holy One and allowing Him to set us free and to save us from all the ensnarement's that will come along.
To those of you that struggle with a besetting sin or habit whether it is anger or an immoral lifestyle, there is freedom....and no it will not come in just one shining moment, but that freedom will come with persistence and patience. It will come through prayer, Bible memorization, obedience, praise and thanksgiving. I have decided to pursue all that is good and holy through choosing to give thanks and praise even if it doesn't feel fun, exciting or even heartfelt. But I believe that obedience produces the fruit needed for victory.
So all that to say that I hope the things that I post encourage you all, but not because I am so great of a person, but instead because I am a sinner that is saved only because of GOD's mercy and His grace. And the only reason I can call myself His child is because of Him. 
One more parting reminder; Remember that even if you fail in whatever area you are longing for victory in, that failure is only a reminder that GOD's strength is made perfect in your weakness. So get back up and keep moving forward. Someday you will see the rewards of your perseverance.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed....it's hard to do something when I don't feel like doing it. Then I get even more upset like what is wrong with me that I don't feel like giving praise to God. It should be the top thing on my to do list, but it gets pushed down to when I feel like doing it category. It's so backwards. Great job on the post :D

    ReplyDelete